1. "I did not see eggs on the list at church, should we abstain from this also?"
Technically, yes. Eggs are a type of "flesh food", or meat, and are to be treated on a fast the same way you would treat chicken.
2. "My husband doesn't come to church and doesn't want to fast. He wants me to fix him separate meals each day. What should I do?"
You should fix him what he likes, if that's what you usually do, and you continue to fast. Trying to force your husband to go without food will not draw him closer to God…or to you!
3. "I see other people at Church eating things that are forbidden to eat on fast days, but they still say that they're fasting. Should I say something to them about it?"
No. What a person eats is between them and God. If a person has decided that they are going to follow the Daniel Fast guidelines, but they have decided that they are going to keep one thing in their diet that is normally not eaten, that's their decision…and frankly I would much rather see that than to scrap the whole fast because of one or two items. Keep in mind that we have a lot of new Christians at Living Word who have never done this before. Let's cut them some slack and be glad they are participating!
4. "Can we watch movies when we fast?"
That's up to you. We are not fasting entertainment, we're fasting food. At the same time, be sure that you are spending more time in your Bible and prayer than you normally do.
5. "I fasted last year in January during our 2012 fast, but God didn't answer my prayer. Did God hear me?"
"Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that
ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He
hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked
of Him." 1 John 5:14-15
Remember that fasting doesn't change God, it changes us. The above Scripture in 1 John says that if we pray according to His Word (His Will) He hears us. Fasting doesn't make sure God hears us, praying His Word does! So fast with confidence again this year knowing that you are changing more and more into the image of Christ. Praying His Word assures that you HAVE what you have asked for in His Will. Now it's time to "wait patiently on the Lord"!